Safety First News
Free Professional Development for Safety Professionals in Central Texas
Safety professionals in central Texas have an opportunity for free professional networking at an upcoming event in San Marcos on April 16, 2018. Door prizes and a raffle for the upcoming free registration for ASSE Safety 2018 will be available for attendees along with CEUs, for those interested. However, you must register by April 6th, close of business. Details for registration are below.
The Central Texas chapter and South Texas chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers will be co-hosting a Joint Chapter Meeting on Monday, April 16, 2018 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. The joint meeting is intended to be a professional networking event for safety professionals in the greater Austin and San Antonio areas.
The free event will include breakfast, snacks and drinks (parking costs will not be included). Attendees will qualify for 0.3 CEUs.
- 8:00 – 8:20 Registration, Networking & Breakfast
- 8:20 – 8:45 Welcome, Announcements & Chapter Business
- 8:45 – 9:30 Keynote Speaker: William Sampson
- 9:30 – 9:45 Break
- 9:45 – 10:15 State of ASSE Region III: Steven Gray (Regional Vice President)
- 10:15 – 11:00 Panel Discussion: “Leadership & Service at the Regional Level” (Steve Gray, Regional VP; Stan Gregory, Student Leadership Conference Chairman; and Jim Rainwater, Region III Treasurer)
- 11:00 – 11:15 Break
- 11:15 – 12:00 Roundtable Discussions
- 12:00 Noon Door Prizes, Raffle of Safety 2018 Registration, Adjourn
The venue for the meeting will be Texas State University - LBJ Student Center, located at 700 Moore St, San Marcos, Texas, 78666 on Monday, April 16th.
Registration You must register for this free event by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 6, 2018. Register online at https://centraltexas.asse.org/events/joint-chapter-meeting/.